Looking to join local grassroots efforts for reproductive freedom?
NARAL Pro-Choice America and NARAL Pro-Choice Iowa are seeking an Organizing Fellow in the Central Iowa area.
Women’s rights are under attack across the country and NARAL is fighting back! NARAL Fellows will work with our members and engage with candidates, activists, and politicians in the fights NARAL cares about – protecting abortion access, making sure contraception is available and affordable, ending pregnancy discrimination, and securing paid family leave.
NARAL Fellows will work directly with our Iowa Outreach Coordinator on grassroots strategies, recruitment, and creative tactics to better engage our members while growing our base. Keeping members up to date on national and local reproductive news and policies is a key component to the role. Our 2019 Fellows will have a significant fellowship as they meet and greet with various presidential candidates as they begin their 2020 Presidential campaigns throughout our caucus state. Fellows will be trained on outreach efforts to mobilize members to effectively strive for reproductive freedom for all Iowans.
Qualifications may include:
- Previous canvassing experience (doors, phones or both) is preferred
- Previous grassroots organizing experience or documented history of activism
- Experience with the VAN/Voter Activation Network
- Ability to successfully network and build professional relationships with community leaders and allied organizations
- Strong familiarity with the political make-up of Iowa’s Congressional 3rd & 4th districts
Role requirements include but not limited to:
- Monthly new member sign up goals and weekly member outreach call goals
- Organizing monthly member focused events (social hours, postcard parties, phone banks, etc)
- Data management on the Voter Activation Network
- Uplifting NARAL Iowa’s grassroots efforts to larger platforms (photos, LTE’s, social media engagement)
- Occasional travel to Iowa’s Congressional 3rd and 4th districts
- Weekly check-ins with NARAL National departments and Iowa team
Hours & Pay:
The Fellow can start immediately and the Fellowship will be completed May 31st, 2019. This is a 20 hour per week position at $15 an hour.
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity. *Diverse applicants highly encouraged to apply.* Individuals committed to the advancement of reproductive access in the state of Iowa are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please follow the link to submit: https://goo.gl/forms/N8sRPz4Sxw4kWk3h2
For any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.